CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The Institute for Security, Defense and Peace, at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia in partnership with the Faculty of Criminalistics, Criminology and Security Studies, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Faculty of Security Studies, Belgrade, Serbia are pleased to invite scholars and researchers to submit paper proposals for the fifth coming annual international scientific conference, to be held on 4-6 September 2019 in Ohrid.
In a rapidly urbanizing world, the safety and security of our cities is more vital than ever. This time the annual conference will provide a global perspective of urban security challenges by featuring presentations from participants from several countries. The conference explores several topics of interest that provide participants with the knowledge required to undertake review of existing security and safety policies of modern cities in a variety of areas, and to create, develop, and implement comprehensive strategies that will foster safe and secure urban communities.
The idea of this event is to bring together diverse group of scholars as well as leading practitioners who will discuss the complexity of security issues as it relates to twenty-first century urban environments.
Among a vast list of possible themes to be discussed, we propose the following:
· The significance of urban security in Europe;
· Security, Democracy & Cities;
· Managing urban security;
· Urban security management in the Balkan capitals;
· Urban planning and anthropogenic threats;
· New technologies, design of urban environments and crime prevention;
· The multilevel nature of urban security and public safety: crime prevention;
· Private security and urban change;
· Urban security threats;
· Cities, gender and sexualities;
· Environment and urban environment;
· Cyber risk and the changing role of leadership;
· Safe and secure public spaces: security at mass public events;
· Sociological, psychological and pedagogical aspects of urban security;
· Critical infrastructure protection;
· Holistic strategy for urban security;
· Resilient security in an urban environment;
· The role of local authorities in the field of urban security;
· Terrorism and prevention of radicalization;
· Migrant crisis and security of urban environments.